How Childhood Trauma Impacts Development
by Holly Kessler
Creating a Family Podcast invited Brett Loftis, Crossnore’s CEO, and Dr. Dawn O’Malley, Senior Director of Clinical Services, to a discussion of how childhood trauma impacts a child’s development.
This episode covers:
- How can childhood trauma impact a child’s attachment and relationships?
- What is the impact for them in childhood, adolescence, and adulthood?
- Does trauma affect a child’s physical development or brain development?
- How can trauma impact a child’s emotional development?
- What role does trauma play in the way the child sees and values herself?
- How can trauma affect a child’s behavior?
- How can trauma impact a child’s ability to learn?
- What are some of the long-term physical health consequences of having been exposed to trauma as a child?
- What can parents and other adults do to build resilience in our kids to help withstand some of the impacts of trauma?